Sunday, August 1, 2010

First Receipt of Funds...


Dear friends,

Yesterday we at BTF received this "Bagis Makbuzu" or "Charity Receipt" from Biga. It tells us that the Biga Women's Cooperative has received 15,545 Turkish Lira (TL) ($10,000) from BTF!

As most of you know, our full budget for this project is $35,000, or 52,731 TL. We are releasing these funds in installments of $10,000 at different strategic points in the building process, e.g. building transportation, center construction, etc... We released the first $10,000 in early spring, and we are set to release another $10,000 this week, provided that the necessary documentation is all set!

I'm all packed with my passport ready to go on Tuesday. I'll most likely be arriving in Biga Thursday morning and cannot wait to see my friends then!

all my best & thanks for reading,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment